Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Update

Where to begin...
Well let's start at where we left off. We were able to sell our home really quickly. We got a good price and we are so grateful for that. We found a new place and are really loving it. We are literally around the corner and down the hill from my parents. We moved in on the 1st of June. It was crazy. I was really hoping that it would put me into labor, but alas it did not. So I took to cleaning. I scrubbed the walls, I swept the decks, I painted walls...nothing!!
So our Dr. was leaving the country and said that he would induce us on the 14th. It was sooooo far away, but we went in. He felt like it would be super quick, this being our second time around and all. NOPE!! That little turkey she was to comfortable. They did a few times of cytotech and nothing!! So they sent us home. I was devastated. Did I mention that we have a wonderful Dr? Well he knew my concerns and fears and set us up an appointment with another Dr in the practice. She stripped my membrane (NEVER AGAIN). She then informed us that she could get the job done. She felt confidante that she could break my water. So we went back to the hospital that night, tried a different drug and she broke my water at 11 am. Our nurse than cranked up the pit. That was the longest day and most horrible experience ever. The girl just REFUSED to come. Come to find out, she was face forward with her hand on her head. At 8:30 p.m.ish the Dr. came back and said that we were going to have a baby. So they wheeled me in to the OR and about 30 mins later we had our beautiful little girl. Kenley Marie Gardner, awesome I know. When they got her out they realized that not only was she backward stubborn, she had the cord wrapped around her feet, like she was bungee jumping. She was also 7 lbs and 14 oz. (this is the skinniest she had looked, so far). That would have been a nightmare, so I am so grateful to the that Dr. I would say if I had to choose, I would do the C-section again. My labors are AWFUL!!
Then, they reorganized the stake and now we are in the same ward as my parents. I was/am worried that I burden my mother too much, but I hopeful that our relationship is such that she would tell me. Since that time, they have put Richard in as Elder's Quorum Pres and I am the primary pianist. I miss my Sunday school kids a ton but the primary kids are super cute. We went to the EISF and Richard had a doughnut burger and chocolate covered bacon. Seth went was able to feed some goats, it was pretty cute.
We had our 4 generation pic with Richard and his grandma. We have made some improvements to the house, mostly just paint, but we had grapes all along 3/4's of the front of our house, we ripped those down and have cleaned up the flower beds a bit.
Seth is getting so big. He said to both Richard and I, "don't worry Mom/Dad, we will find the moon". Kenley is such a cutie. I love her!! She is smiley and happy most of the time. What I don't like is how quickly she is growing. It seems like she is growing way faster than Seth. She is already almost sitting up, by herself. Both kids are such a joy to me. I am so glad that I get to stay home and watch them grow. Check back soon for Halloween. I am so excited I can hardly contain it.

1 comment:

Greg and Carlin said...

I love the update, Lisa! Your kids are adorable! I'm happy that little girl finally got here for you:) I'm also happy you were able to sell your house!